Salary: £21,000 per annum (plus 3% pension contribution when matched by employee)
One Walsall provides infrastructure and support for the borough’s voluntary and community sector organisations, and brokerage for people seeking volunteering roles. We are an independent charity providing support to help local voluntary and community organisations develop and sustain their activities and engage residents in voluntary action. We are a small, energetic team committed to our aim of supporting a strong voluntary and community sector and inspiring local social action.
We are seeking motivated and experienced individuals who share One Walsall’s values to become our first ever, place-based Volunteer Coordinator. The aim of this new role is to enhance One Walsall’s offer for both Walsall residents wishing to volunteer and the voluntary and community sector recruiting volunteers.
The Coordinator will be place-based within respective communities, covering the four geographical areas of the borough between them. They will also work closely with One Walsall’s Development Officers who cover the same territory.
This structure will enable voluntary sector and community groups to forge close working relationships with their designated coordinator; the coordinator, in turn, will develop an in-depth knowledge of their local area’s volunteering needs and opportunities.
The Volunteer Coordinator post will establish, support and grow the volunteer network across the borough. They will help organisations to understand the importance of robust volunteer recruitment processes and the requirements of different roles (e.g. DBS checks).
The coordinator will support organisations to:
- Assess their need for volunteers
- Re-imagine service delivery that effectively utilises volunteers
- Develop processes for volunteer advertising, recruitment, training, induction and retention
- Promote their services and the value of volunteering via a variety of mediums
- Access support via Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities by building relationships with local businesses
The posts will be responsible for providing advice, practical support and training to organisations involving volunteers, working with business and others to identify and develop resources to support volunteering and managing the staff delivering support to people seeking volunteering roles. Key attributes we are seeking include:
- Experience of successful volunteer recruitment and coordination
- Experience of working with a wide range of voluntary and community organisations
- Developed knowledge of the law and policy landscape of volunteering in the UK
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to pass on knowledge to others through training and one-to-one support
- Ability to work under own initiative and a solution-focused approach to achieve results.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Sarah Taylor, Health and Wellbeing Manager on 01922 619 840 or email@example.com
Application Packs, including large print copies, may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01922 619 840.
Job Description and Personal Specification available to download here.
Download the Application Form here.
Closing date for applications: Friday 4th December at 4:00pm
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 16th December 2020
NB: Due to limited resources, feedback to applicants will only be supplied to those candidates who are interviewed.
PLEASE NOTE: Previous applicants need not apply.