We are seeking an experienced Adviser with:
o ability to undertake debt casework to a high standard
o good case management, advocacy and negotiating skills
o knowledge of possession, county court and bankruptcy procedures
o ability to meet contractual targets
SCP 26-28 -£23,398 pa – plus 6% pension supplement
Full-time – 36 hours per week – Fixed Term 6 months Contract (Maternity Cover)
The main duties are to:
· act as caseworker, specialising in debt and insolvency work
· deliver advice and casework support to clients across the full range of debt strategies, negotiating with creditors, presenting offers of payment, advising on a full range of insolvency options, including Administration Orders, Debt Relief Orders, IVA’s and Bankruptcy
· drafting applications and representing clients in connection with debt related court proceedings, including mortgage and rent possession work
· to act as occasional resource to colleagues
· to keep up to date with developments in debt and advice work generally
The successful applicant will be working within our Money Advice Service contract (MASDAP), and deliver up to 35 client outputs monthly, via telephone/e-mail advice, one off and full casework.
Closing Date:- 12 noon on Wednesday 11th April 2018.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 18th April 2018
For an application pack please contact the administration team on 01922 700600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. with your full name and contact details for electronic format. If you wish to discuss this post further please do not hesitate to contact Hursheda Chauhan, Services and Operations Manager on 01922 700648 or 700661.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we will only respond to applicants who are shortlisted for interview.
Citizens Advice Walsall Registered charity no: 1067723
“Providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice”
Citizens Advice Walsall is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.