Charities, sports clubs and parish and town councils can apply now for environmental and community-based projects located within 10 miles of a Waste Recycling Group landfill site.
Through its FCC Community Action Fund, WREN awards grants of between £2,000 and £100,000 for the provision, maintenance or improvement of the following types of public amenity:
- Village Halls and Community Centres
- Public Play Areas
- Publicly available Multi use games areas, skate parks and BMX tracks
- Sport and recreation grounds including pavilions and clubhouses with full public access
- Churches – community spaces only
- Nature Reserves
- Public gardens, parks, country parks and woodlands with at least dawn to dusk access
Examples of projects that could be funded include:
- Replacement doors and windows in village hall or community centre.
- Provision of children’s play equipment in public open space.
- Construction of footpaths and cycleways in a public park.
- Providing all weather play surface for MUGA (multi use games area).
- Dipping platform and all weather paths at a local nature reserves.
- Provision of Skate Park.
The grants could help with the costs of contractors, materials, capital items, and small items of equipment used by volunteers and staff to deliver the project.
Applications are accepted during specified time periods.
The next deadline for applications is 12 June 2019 (5pm). Groups that are not prepared to submit an application by that deadline have two more opportunities in 2019.
Further information, including the postcode checker, can be found on the website http://www.wren.org.uk/apply/wren-grant-scheme