One Walsall has recently undertaken a restructure after a review of our last two years’ work and consultation with our members and partners. From this we have written our business plan for the next three years. We believe that this new structure will provide a more efficient allocation of resources and give the support our members need.
What this looks like
In practical terms you should see very little in the way of change we will still be supporting the community and voluntary groups in Walsall by advice, guidance and training on all topics to help you be more efficient and effective in all the great work you do:
- How to start a group
- Governing documents
- Legal structures
- Policies & procedures
- Project planning & delivery
- Business (larger scale) planning for your group
- Options for funding
- Sources of grant funding
- Writing funding applications
- Contracts with local government
- Polices & procedure to comply with law and good practice
- How to market your organization
- Using modern social media
We will continue to provide one-to-one support, training, advice via meeting, email or telephone. Additionally we are putting together resources in a variety of formats to be available to members.
One Voice Forums
We shall continue to run the local forums in Walsall areas where groups get together to exchange ideas and information and to explore ways of joint working to address the issues they face.
Small Groups Development Team:
Amy Saunders – South (including Central) & East, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colin Williamson – North & West, email@example.com
Julie Taylor – Development Support Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no change and our Communications Officer Annika Spalding (email@example.com ) will continue to publish our ebulletin, Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram materials. She is still going to spread the word about your organization, project or event if you send her materials and is available to give advice on how to market your organization etc effectively.
New staff members
We now have four additional posts to support our members:
- Development Officer (Integration) – Gerald Nembhard, firstname.lastname@example.org . This role is to deliver community development and voluntary sector capacity building support in the area of community integration and cohesion.
- Health and Wellbeing Team Manager – Sarah Taylor, email@example.com . This post is responsible for the development and delivery of One Walsall’s Social Prescribing programme and leading the local Voluntary and Community Sector’s engagement in developments in the field of health and wellbeing.
- Partnership Manager – coming soon. The Partnerships Manager is responsible for developing and supporting the voluntary sector’s engagement in strategic activities and developments in the borough.
- Volunteer Recognition Scheme Co-ordinator – coming soon. One Walsall’s Volunteer Centre is working in partnership with ValueYou to deliver a scheme which seeks to recognise the contribution and value volunteers bring to Walsall’s communities. The scheme will thank volunteers by providing them with a discount card to use in local business and leisure facilities in Walsall.
If you have any questions about the change then contact any of the staff above or our Development Manager, Dave Benge, on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01922 619840.