If you are a community organisation, social enterprise, not-for-profit organisation or an individual, you could be awarded funding of up to £5,000 for projects that makes your community safer. One Walsall are here to support you with your ideas and the application process. Call us on 01922 619 840.
What is the Active Citizens’ Fund?
The Walsall Active Citizens’ fund is about encouraging, empowering and supporting organisations, local residents and groups of residents to deliver their own solutions to making their community safer. We want applications for small, local projects that identify challenges to community safety and bring their own innovative solutions to tackling them; building or sustaining safer communities.
The funding is being made available by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner so that West Midlands Police will be better placed to engage with the public and encourage ‘active citizenship’.
Main Aims – We will fund projects that:
• improve community cohesion
• build better links amongst local people
• promote unity
• reduce the chance of hate crime
• reduce the risk of domestic violence
Who can apply for this funding in Walsall?
If you are a constituted community organisation, social enterprise, not-for-profit organisation or an individual we would like to hear from you about your idea.
We are most likely to fund applications for projects that:
• are rooted in the local area, with the applicant being either a resident or an organisation based in the area or delivering services in the area
• are new and aren’t already being delivered in that area.
• involve the wider community and engage new volunteers in the development and operation of the project
• demonstrate the engagement of new volunteers and community participation
The fund is being managed by a partnership between Walsall Local Policing Unit, One Walsall, Walsall Council and Walsall College. Both organisations and individuals can access the funding and deliver results which support Walsall’s local priorities for community safety.
Applications can be submitted at any time up to Friday 9th March 2018. Funding is available for projects across the borough of Walsall and there is no upper or lower limit to funding, but we expect to award contributions of up to £5,000 to any one project.
Contact Amy Saunders on 01922 619840 firstname.lastname@example.org for informal chat about the process or whether your project is right for the Walsall Active Citizen’s Fund.