|Purpose of the role:|
|One Walsall’s Volunteer Centre is working in partnership with Value You to deliver a scheme which seeks to recognise the contribution and value volunteers bring to Walsall’s communities. The scheme will thank volunteers by providing them with a discount card to use in local business and leisure facilities in Walsall.
The Volunteer Recognition Scheme Coordinator will lead the development of the programme in Walsall. You will be tasked with spreading the word about the scheme amongst volunteers, voluntary organisations and businesses as well as providing administrative support for the running of the scheme. You will use email, phone calls and face to face meetings to recruit businesses to the scheme and to encourage volunteer managers to introduce it to their volunteers. You will also produce and send out discount cards to members.
The ideal candidate will be:
· A confident communicator who can motivate and encourage others and build partnerships
· Highly organised with a proactive approach to achieving goals
· Passionate about celebrating and promoting the role of volunteering
This role will provide you with essential experience for working in the voluntary and community sector, giving you networking opportunities and the chance to develop project management experience.
|· Recruiting businesses, social enterprises and other services to offer a discount through the scheme.
· Liaising with Volunteer Managers within local voluntary and community organisations and recruiting them to engage their volunteers in the scheme.
· Working with colleagues to support and signpost volunteers who access our services.
· Production of regular communications for scheme members, volunteer managers and businesses
· Administration of discount card production including physical card printing and data entry on to the ValueYou website
· Any other reasonable management requests.
|How to apply|
|Application Forms may be requested by email (email@example.com) or by phone on 01922 619 840.
Closing date for applications: 28th March 2019.
Interviews to be held: 8th April 2019.
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Georgina Homer on 01922 619 840.