Role: Honorary Treasurer – Trustee and Board Member (Volunteer)
About the role
- Monitor the financial standing of the charity and ensures timely and effective reporting to the Board on cash-flow forecasting, income streams, out-going expenses and the overarching strategic management of the organisation’s financial resources.
- Oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process and report financial health to the Board of Trustees at regular intervals.
- Acts as a counter signatory on cheques, BACs, internet banking and applications to funders.
- Ensure that annual accounts are submitted to all relevant regulators in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with external auditors on financial issues and ensuring that the organisation’s finances are responsibly managed/invested for the betterment of the organisation’s work and for the beneficiaries it serves.
- The Board meets at least 6 times a year and the Treasurer is expected to be available 4 times in a year
- Reasonable availability between meetings to respond to issues raised.
- 18 + to apply for role
- Qualified accountant with commercial awareness and knowledge.
- Competent use of IT skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and explain financial information to members of the Board and other stakeholders.
- Analytical and evaluation skills, demonstrating good judgement.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship.
How to apply
Contact the Volunteer Centre team via email email@example.com or call 01922 619 840