Trust Fundraising Officer
21 hours per week
£14,337.96 pro rata
Walsall Society for the Blind is a charity, supporting people living with sight loss.
In order to provide our services, we are looking to recruit an experienced Trust Fundraising Officer, with the drive and creativity to help build relationships with a wide range of donors to help us achieve our fundraising ambitions.
With the reduction in government and local authority funding, we are looking to utilise other funding streams to allow us to continue with our services.
As Fundraising Officer, you will be working towards a fundraising target, which will help the charity continue its work throughout the Borough.
The role and day to day duties will be varied and there will be a need for flexibility.
You will be expected to plan and manage your own workload and therefore self-motivation is vital. Personality and aptitude are fundamental to the role.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will take lead responsibility for researching and identifying new trusts and foundations
- Will develop and maintain key contacts for all trust relationships
- Will write funding proposals for new projects
- Will implement a rolling programme of submissions to Trusts and Foundations for projects and grants
- Will be responsible for updating and maintaining trust records on a database.
- Will produce database reports as required
- To ensure all forward planning for the Trust fundraising strategy, working in conjunction with the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees
- To research and identify new opportunities and initiatives for the Trust and Foundation portfolio which take into consideration funding trends and competitor and supporter intelligence
- To research and respond to appropriate statutory opportunities, in liaison with the Chief Executive
- To create and maintain a programme of Legacy marketing to increase awareness and future income generation from this valuable funding source
- To meet the agreed annual financial and non financial income targets
- To monitor, evaluate and report on income to the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees on a regular basis, including reforecasting at appropriate points of the year
- Will develop and implement appropriate donor care programmes for trusts, ensuring that quality standards are maintained and support increased from this source
- To provide well-judged and timely contact and relationship management with existing funders and adhere to agreed reporting schedules
- To cultivate relationships with grant makers, local solicitors and other relevant organisations using initiative to drive forward activities and outreach to engage and liaise with new donors
To apply, send a CV with a covering letter be sent to Jayne Jones, Development Officer, via email address email@example.com by is Thursday 31st January 2019 at 4.30 pm.