Sessional Youth Engagement Worker – Position
October 2018 to May 2019, 15 hours a week (£18,000 Full Time Equivalent)
Healthwatch is the consumer champion for health and social care in England. Here to give children, young people and adults a powerful voice – making sure their views and experiences are heard by those who run, plan and regulate health and social care services.
We are seeking to recruit a part time (2-day week) sessional Youth Engagement Worker to support our Youth Engagement Programme up to the end of May 2019.
The role includes:
- Developing contacts with children and young people’s groups, schools and colleges and promote our Healthwatch Youth Engagement Programme.
- Making arrangements with a variety of children and young people’s groups to hold a series of workshop sessions around young people’s views and experiences of health and social care.
- Making arrangements with organisations who can support the programme in relation to engaging children and young people with physical and learning disabilities.
- Using a variety of tools and techniques to engage with young people.
- Gathering information on health inequalities directly from children and young people.
- Organising and promoting events for young people to attend
- Acting as the local representative for Healthwatch, attending relevant meetings to promote the programme.
The Sessional Worker will help young people define areas of their health and well-being they wish to focus on, but from our pilot work we anticipate this might include:
- Drugs and ‘legal’ highs
- Alcohol and binge drinking
- Self harm
- Mental health and access to services
- Physical activity
- Young people with caring responsibilities
- Economic disadvantage and access benefit/work
- Eating disorders
Healthwatch Walsall Youth Forum
Our overarching aim is to develop a Healthwatch Walsall Youth Forum which will be a collective of young people who have an interest or use health or social care services and would like to be young Ambassadors of health and social care.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please click here.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 8 October 2018.