Sessional Befrienders x 2
Up to 8 Hrs per week
£8.21 per hour + Travel
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide face-to-face and ring-a-round befriending service and companionship to lonely, isolated or emotionally distressed elderly people within their homes, hospitals and care establishments.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide face-to-face befriending visits to clients and families of those elderly members living in isolation, either in their own homes, hospitals and care establishments
- To provide telephone ring around service to lonely and isolated elderly members
- To work with those who are elderly and those suffering or recovering from mental ill health.
- To advise, inform and provide guidance on new legislation in health and social care.
- To raise awareness Mental Health services within Walsall.
- To provide elderly members the opportunity to socially interact.
- To promote and encourage the take up of day care support service at WBSC day care or other relevant establishments.
- To work collaboratively with Social Services and other agencies on issues concerning individual clients.
- To maintain personal and medical records of clients
- To work closely with family members of clients.
- Any other duties as directed by the organisation.
- Have an understanding of the health and social care needs of adults and the ageing community.
- Good communication skills
- Caring, non-judgemental, happy and patient
- Ability to write clear and concise notes
- Able to work on own initiative and committed
- Experience of working in a social care setting.
- Have an understanding of health and safety.
- Have an understanding of the changes in health and social care.
Fixed Term Contract
Closing Date: 29th July, 2019
If you are interested in the above vacancy please contact us for an application pack on the details given below:
Mayfield Community Centre, 17 Wednesbury Road, Walsall, WS1 3RU
Telephone No: (01922) 616996 Fax No: (01922) 725078