Job Title: Receptionist
Report to: Senior Manager
Working closely with: Caseworkers and volunteers
Job purpose: To be a welcoming face at RMC to all visitors and clients, to answer all telephone calls on the main reception, assist with triage and provide admin support.
Working arrangements: The post holder will be expected to work 35 hours per week during 9-5 between Monday and Friday. The post holder may be asked to work at our Wolverhampton, Walsall or Birmingham offices.
Main duties and responsibilities of job:
- Be responsible for the reception area and surrounding environment
- Greet visitors professionally, direct their enquiries and keep signing in records up to date.
- Answer telephone effectively and transfer calls to relevant staff within the office
- Signpost clients effectively at the point of triage – have the ability to understand/learn about the needs of refugees and migrants and where to signpost appropriately if RMC do not cover a specific area of work.
- Log in service users on Microsoft 365 ticketing system.
- Logging new client files onto database.
- Book appointments for the advice/casework team and volunteers.
- Log incoming post on the Office 365 and liaise with clients where relevant
- Liaise with the Admin/Finance Officer at the head office to complete orders for stationery and other necessary supplies.
- Provide admin support to the advice team when required which includes – filing manual and electronic, booking appointments, faxing and photocopying.
- To administer volunteer expenses and keep accurate records.
- Liaising with the Office Manager for staff holiday/sickness
- To deal with all incoming referrals for various projects
In order to deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties, however, will fall within the general scope of the job. This job description will be subject to periodic review with the post holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties of the job.
Equal opportunities statement
As part of its recruitment policy, RMC intends to ensure that no prospective or actual employee is discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, employment status, class, disability, age, religious belief or political persuasion, or is disadvantaged by any condition or requirement which is not demonstrably justifiable within the person specification.
How to apply
To request an application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org