Do you see yourself as a bit of a ‘people person’? Do you enjoy socialising and helping people to get involved in activities? If yes, Midland Mencap would love to hear from you!
About the opportunity
We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic Fun and Friendships Volunteers to help out at our vibrant Tuesday evening Club for adults with learning disabilities in Walsall. This is a great opportunity to volunteer in a friendly, person-centred team providing leisure and social activities for adults with learning disabilities. If you are approachable and energetic with a motivation to support and involve others, we would love to welcome you into our fun and committed team.
What would you be doing?
• Supporting people to take part in various activities, including games, karaoke and quizzes
• Encouraging people to feel part of the group
• Helping to set up equipment and tidy away at the end of the night
About Midland Mencap
Midland Mencap provide a range of choice based care and support services for people with learning disabilities and their family carers. Our vision is a world where everybody is listened to, heard, valued and included as active and equal citizens in their community and in society, regardless of need.
By volunteering for Midland Mencap, you can help us to make this vision a reality!
What are we looking for?
- Approachability and friendliness
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Honesty and integrity
• A willingness to learn
• The ability to get on well as part of a team
Tuesday Club is held every Tuesday (7pm to 9pm – with staff and volunteers arriving from 6.30pm) at The Walsall Disability Hub, 17 Lichfield Street, Walsall, WS1 1TU.
As one of our valued volunteers, Midland Mencap will offer you:
• The chance to develop your skills and gain experience
• An induction and settling in period
• Support within your role
• The opportunity to take part in training
• Any reasonable out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. travel)
• The chance to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and carers
• The opportunity to meet new people and feel more connected to your community
• A lot of appreciation!
- Will require references
- Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
- Over 18’s only
- Exercise, Movement & Dance
- Learning disability
- Support work
- Talking to others
Get in touch!
For more information call 01922 616798 or visit https://do-it.org/opportunities