Job Title: Finance Clerk
Report to: Finance Officer
Responsible for: N/A
Working arrangements: The post holder will be expected to work 35 hours per week during office hours 9-5 between Monday and Friday. May be required to work and travel to our other offices based in Birmingham and Walsall.
Starting salary: £17547-19238 (dependent on experience)
1 Year Contract with the possibility of an extension.
1: To support the Finance Officer in all aspects of the finance function within the organisation. Maintaining accurate records and assisting with the production of financial reports as required by the finance officer in preparation for SMT.
The post holder will have at least 2 years’ in-depth Admin & Book-keeping experience which includes:
- Current working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Excellent book keeping, including bank reconciliations, sales and purchase ledger maintenance.
- Good understanding of budgetary control.
- Handling of multiple funding streams with correct allocation of income & expenditure to budget headings/codes.
- Office admin experience including letter writing, filing systems, and ordering supplies.
Main duties and responsibilities of job
- Assisting the Finance Officer to record income and expenditure and maintaining balanced and highly accurate records using QuickBooks.
- Liaising with Internal colleagues for the timely and accurate production of sales invoices to send to external partners
- Regular use of excel to assist with maintaining and updating of RMC’s cash flow forecast as well as other spreadsheets.
- Regular bank reconciliation, recording income and monitoring expenditure against agreed allocation of different funders/budgets.
- Maintaining petty cash using system and reconciling monthly for the petty cash accounts for Volunteers expenses and general petty cash accounts for all 3 sites.
- Prepare and post Journals prepared by the Finance Officer
- Ordering equipment and stationary using the correct process and negotiating with suppliers as well as matching invoices to delivery notes.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations as well as leasing with suppliers to deal with any discrepancies.
- Analyse staff expenses in line with the organisation policy.
- Very efficient credit control – ensuring invoices are sent, received and paid on time.
- Assisting with the pension scheme reconciliations each month.
- Liaising with partner and completing monthly returns for these partners.
- Assist in the weekly payment runs to suppliers through faster payments.
To carry out any other administrative tasks deemed necessary for this role in a busy office environment.
In order to deliver services effectively, a degree of flexibility is needed and the post holder may be required to perform work not specifically referred to above. Such duties, however, will fall within the general scope of the job. This job description will be subject to periodic review with the post holder to ensure it accurately reflects the duties of the job.
Equal opportunities statement
As part of its recruitment policy, RMC intends to ensure that no prospective or actual employee is discriminated against on the basis of race, sex, nationality, marital status, sexual orientation, employment status, class, disability, age, religious belief or political persuasion, or is disadvantaged by any condition or requirement which is not demonstrably justifiable within the person specification.
How to apply
To request an application for this role, please contact the Refugee and Migrant Centre via email firstname.lastname@example.org