Debt Caseworker – MASDAP
£13,777pa (pro-rata) – plus 6% pension supplement
Part-time – 20 hours per week – Fixed term for one year – with potential to move to a permanent position.
We are seeking an experienced Adviser with:
- ability to undertake debt casework to a high standard
- good case management, advocacy and negotiating skills
- knowledge of possession, county court and bankruptcy procedures
- ability to meet contractual targets
The main duties are to:
- act as caseworker, specialising in debt and insolvency work
- deliver advice and casework support to clients across the full range of debt strategies, negotiating with creditors, presenting offers of payment, advising on a full range of insolvency options, including Administration Orders, Debt Relief Orders, IVA’s and Bankruptcy
- drafting applications and representing clients in connection with debt related court proceedings, including mortgage and rent possession work
- to act as occasional resource to colleagues
- to keep up to date with developments in debt and advice work generally
The successful applicant will be working within our Money Advice Service contract (MASDAP), and deliver approximately 21 client outputs monthly (outputs TBC), via telephone/ e-mail advice, one off and full casework.
Closing Date: Thursday , 28th February 2019 at 12.00 noon
Interviews: Tuesday, 5th March 2019
For an application form and job-pack please visit our website www.walsallcab.org.uk
If you wish to discuss this post further please do not hesitate to contact Hursheda Chauhan, Services and Operations Manager on 01922 700648 or 700661.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we will only respond to applicants who are shortlisted for interview.
Citizens Advice Walsall is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all applicants who meet the person specification irrespective of sex, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, age, or disability.