The RSPB Sandwell Valley Community Forum plays a key role in ensuring that RSPB Sandwell Valley nature reserve remains engaged with and relevant to its local community. Forum members provide guidance, advice and ideas towards the ongoing development of the reserve and its activities, in relation to the local community. We are looking for new forum members to contribute to this work.
Access to green spaces has a massively positive impact on urban communities but we need you to help us help our local community. You will have an exciting opportunity to make a meaningful difference, sharing your insights and ideas, and supporting the work of RSPB Sandwell Valley. By being a voice for the local community, you will ensure it is represented in the running of your local RSPB nature reserve.
This will involve:
– Attending community forum meetings every 2 months.
– Advising on how the reserve can remain engaged with and relevant to the local community.
– Acting as a champion for, and raising awareness of, the reserve among the local community: attending networking events, liaising with local contacts etc.
– Supporting, giving advice on and monitoring the progress of community projects, including helping source funding.
– Networking with the local community and other groups.
– Attending some events on reserve to engage with community and gather feedback
– Contributing to the promotion of the community forum and recruitment of forum members
Please note: There are a total of 6 vacancies available.
How to apply
For more information about this role, contact the One Walsall Volunteer Centre on 01922 619 840 or email@example.com