Volunteers will support the IRIS team, working with women who are sex working or at risk of sexual exploitation within the community.
Providing outreach support, 1-2-1 engagement and group work, and holistic support including supporting clients with multiple and complex needs.
We need volunteers to –
• Support service users 1-2-1 and at drop-ins
• Accompany to other partnership service appointments around health and wellbeing
• Advocate on behalf of the client
• Participate in therapeutic / creative interventions such as crafts and social opportunities.
• To have a coffee, chat, food with service users and gain a deeper understanding of their issues.
• Complete all relevant paperwork
• Liaise with IRIS Development Worker on a daily basis.
• Take part in night outreach
• Liaise with partnership agencies
We need volunteers with –
• Experience and/or knowledge of working with individuals with multiple and complex needs
• Good listening and communication skills
• Commitment to supporting the needs of client group
• Ability to sensitively and appropriately relate to the client group
• To manage appropriate boundaries in the relationship
• Reliable, organised, consistent, and have an ability to handle a level of stress
• A caring, sympathetic, sensitive manner and a non-judgmental approach
• Ability to adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Professional conduct
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be a team player
How to apply
If you’re interested in this volunteer opportunity, please contact One Walsall Volunteer Centre at email@example.com or 01922 619 840