Nominations for the QAV’s opens April 2019
Some of the winning groups from 2018 focussed on combatting loneliness and social isolation in older and vulnerable people, to provide social opportunities and sport activities, to name a few. Winning the award is quite prestigious, as just over 980 groups have won since 2002.
Who is eligible?
- The group should be made up of two or more people.
- The group’s work must have been operating for a minimum of three years.
- More than half the people who work in the group must be volunteers.
- More than half the group’s volunteers must have the right of residence in the UK.
- Provide a service and meets a need for people living in the local community
- Run Locally
- The group must have the appropriate insurance(s) required for its work.
- The group must satisfy requirements to safeguard children and vulnerable adults, if appropriate.
How are the winners nominated and chosen?
Anyone aware of the group, including people who benefit from the group’s activities, may make a nomination. Applications are then considered at a local assessment panel, and applications successful at local level are then sent to a national award committee.
Winners receive a certificate signed by the Queen and a domed glass crystal. Representatives from the group may also be invited to attend a royal garden party.
How to nominate.
Nominations must be made via https://qavs.culture.gov.uk/
Guidance notes can be found here https://qavs.culture.gov.uk/guidance-notes
If you require further help and support, please contact Georgina Homer at One Walsall on 01922 619840, or via email on email@example.com