The purpose of this service will be to support adults with Autistic Spectrum Disorder to improve outcomes for people with autism through befriending by:
• Promoting personalisation and enhancing quality of life for people with care and support needs
• Preventing deterioration, delaying dependency and supporting recovery
• Ensuring a positive experience of care and support
• Protecting from avoidable harm and caring in a safe environment
Organisations interested in expressing an interest should first consider the essential requirements listed below:
• Experience in the provision of delivering services to people with Autistic Spectrum Disorder
• Staff qualified, skilled and competent to work with people with the signs and symptoms of dementia
• Evidence of suitable adult/child protection, safeguarding policies and procedures
• Ability to provide monitoring data on a quarterly basis
• Expressions of interest from the Voluntary and Community Sector are encouraged.
The contracts will be for an initial period of three (3) years, 01 April 2018 to 31st March 2021 with an option for the Council to extend for an additional six months to 30 September 2021.
The maximum annual contract value is £43,333
For further details of the requirement, please see the following link to the Council’s e-Procurement web portal:
You will be required to register your organisation (if already not done so) and express your interest in the relevant project/opportunity.
Tenders must be received before 12:00 Noon 19 January 2018.