This booklet has been designed and developed by a partnership of agencies across Walsall.
It includes a range of activities and interventions being delivered over the summer holidays for children and families living in Walsall.
New this year:
- We have a Walsall’s Got Talent Show amongst other new activities and old favourites running across all four Localities.
- We have a targeted Outside the Box summer Personal Development and Healthy Relationship programme for young people.
- We have Black Country Women’s Aid running emotional wellbeing groups across all localities.
- We have Community Connectors whom have been employed specifically to work across localities to support children, families young people and adults to access activities and services in their local area.
- This year following review and consultation the Summer Booklet has been designed to be Parent as well as professional facing.
Schools – We continue to off free for school the Early Help Keep In touch summer Family Support team, to support those families who will miss the support of school, or their Early Help Lead professional during the summer break. Please can schools contact the Early Help Hub to make referral – 0300 555 2866 op1.
All – We would very much appreciate it if you can send the Summer booklet out far and wide across your contacts, service area, and wider networks and where possible please include in any of your newsletters. Please also feel free to send to parents, pupils and members of the public across your school, setting or service. We do have hard copies available for your reception areas or events you are running before summer – please phone Keri Lister on 01922 654597 to request hardcopies. We are currently in the process of mailing out hard copies to Schools, G.P surgeries, Locality Hubs and Health Teams.
I will take this opportunity to thank all the partners that have worked hard to get the offer together for this year. If you are interested in more information on the Summer offers, joining our summer offer Partnership group or the evaluation process for summer activities and interventions, please contact Georgina.Atkins@walsall.gov.uk