The Prince’s Trust and ASOS are offering a free 1 week programme in Birmingham for young people aged 16-30.
This is a great opportunity for young people interested in IT and Web Design.
During the programme young people will:
- Learn the basics of web design and how to create your own blog or website
- Work with the ASOS Digital team and learn from IT professionals
- Get creative and design web content from scratch including text, images, coding, editing, layout
- Meet new people, build confidence and develop employability skills.
- Learn about the variety of IT roles in online companies and the different routes into them
- Travel expenses and lunch provided
Young people don’t need to have any previous experience in Web Design, just an interest in this area.
This is also not a fashion programme – we are working with ASOS Digital Team, not their Fashion Team/Buyers etc.
- Must be aged 16-30
- Must be NEET – Not in education, training or any employment
- Must not have graduated from university in the last 6 months
Taster day: Wednesday 28th August 2019
Programme: 2nd – 6th September 2019
Young people will gain expert training from the ASOS Digital team in how to create a website and a blog, and other aspects of IT security, coding and creating online presence. They will get lots of opportunities to be creative and design their a website from scratch. Activities will include teamwork, confidence-building and practical employability training.
The YP will work on a project across the whole week so need to attend all 5 days in order to gain the most from it and help get their project to completion. The week will culminate in a Celebration event where the young people will present their projects and receive certificates to mark their achievements on the programme.
Young people are entitled to up to 3 months support from the Prince’s Trust following the programme, with the aim of guiding them onto their next steps including progression to other PT opportunities.
How to Refer:
Call our Customer Service Team on 0800 842 842, or text ‘Call me’ to 07983 385 418
By completing an online enquiry form: https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/help-for-young-people/get-in-touch