This course is only three days long and is a FREE programme for young people aged 18-30 to attend. It’ll be hosted at The Prince’s Trust centre here in Digbeth and will be an opportunity for your referrals to learn more about the corporate events industry and boost their employability skills. They’ll also get hands-on experience setting up stages in our Droitwich space and have an interview with Crewsaders for a potential role within the company.
- Learn about the corporate events industry
- Develop employability skills
- Potential role within Crewsaders as a crew person
- Guaranteed interview with employer
- Chance to become self-employed through our Enterprise programme
- Travel expenses paid on programme
- Doesn’t affect benefits
- Boost employability skills such as CV writing and Interview skills
- Experience a Prince’s Trust celebration
- Young people must be aged 18-30
- Must not be in education, training or employment or in minimum hours of employment that do not interfere with the full time programme.
- Must not have graduated from university in the last 6 months
- All criminal convictions to be dealt with on a case by case basis
- Driving licence preferable but not compulsory
- Must be able to lift heavier objects
- Must be keen and motivated as well as flexible and a desire to become self-employed
Young people are entitled to up to 6 months support from the Prince’s Trust post programme with the aim of guiding them into an outcome. Post programme young people may be supported into applying for entry level roles and apprenticeships.
Young people interested in this opportunity will need to attend an information session to find out more about the programme, check their eligibility and discuss how they feel they would benefit from the programme. This information session can be done over the phone or in person.
Taster day: Wednesday 7th August 2019. Maximum of 30 people to be invited. For all those successful in receiving an invite to the taster day, it’s the young people’s chance to find out more about the programme, confirm it is definitely for them and will also include an informal interview to determine the 16 young people to start the programme.
Programme dates: 13th August – 15th August 2019 (plus one day the following week for a 1-2-1 and then one finance day to become self-employed)
How To Refer
Please find attached a poster to share with young people. They can self-refer through our Customer Service team on 0800 842842, by texting ‘Call me’ to 07484082239 or by completing an online enquiry form: https://www.princes-trust.org.uk/help-for-young-people/get-in-touch
Referral agencies – Please refer as above or complete the attached referral form and email back to myself.
If you have any issues referring a young person or have any questions feel free to email me at Georgia.email@example.com or call me on 07436 797 251