Programme Delivery Officer - One Palfrey Big Local
ArfanZ@onewalsall.org - 07501 147 308
Arfan’s role is to support the resident led partnership in its aim to make Palfrey a great place to live work and visit.
Arfan joined One Walsall in January 2020. He supports, empowers and equips residents with the knowledge and expertise to create and achieve their vision for Palfrey which will enable them to spend the £1,000,000 funding. By providing support, advice and appropriately challenging the partnership he encourages real action. As the Programme Delivery Officer, he is responsible for administering the community chest and larger grants process as well as working with residents, partner agencies and volunteers.
The role involves upskilling residents and giving them the support and confidence to achieve their own personal dreams and their desire for change in Palfrey which is very rewarding. Big Local is a truly unique initiative the puts residents in the driving seat. Arfan’s aim is to build on the passion and strength of the residents to create lasting change beyond Big Local.
To achieve OPBL’s vision, residents chose four priorities that are based on the changes they most want to see:
- A cleaner and safer Palfrey neighbourhood
- Healthier residents with a sense of community & wellbeing
- Better access to jobs, training and lifelong learning
- Improved community activities and services for all
Three Way Partnership
One Palfrey Big Local is a resident led programme supported by a Local Trusted Organisations and a Big Local Rep.
One Palfrey Big Local partnership guides the Big Local making decisions about funding. The Partnership consists of 12 residents who live in the OPBL area.
Big Local requires the partnership to be minimum 51% resident led OPBL is 100% resident led.
The Locally Trusted Organisation (LTO) is the organisation chosen by the Big Local partnership to administer and account for the distribution of funding, and deliver activities/services on behalf of the Big Local partnership.
Through a tendering process OPBL chose One Walsall as the LTO in January 2020.
The Big Local Rep is a support role provided by Local Trust supporting implementation of the Big Local plan.
Sharing updates with the partnerships, supporting to adhere to Big Local guidelines.
The One Palfrey Big Local Rep is Margaret Jackson.
The national Big Local outcomes set at the outset were deliberately broad:
- Communities will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them.
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future.
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises.
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live.