Programme Delivery Officer - One Palfrey Big Local
ArfanZ@onewalsall.org - 07501 147 308
Arfan’s role is to support the resident led partnership in its aim to make Palfrey a great place to live work and visit.
Arfan joined One Walsall in January 2020. He supports, empowers and equips residents with the knowledge and expertise to create and achieve their vision for Palfrey which will enable them to spend the 1 million pound funding. By providing support, advice and appropriately challenging the partnership he encourages real action. As the Programme Delivery Officer, he is responsible for administering the community chest and larger grants process as well as working with residents, partner agencies and volunteers.
Arfan is the main contact for One Palfrey Big Local.
The role involves upskilling residents and giving them the support and confidence to achieve their own personal dreams and their desire for change in Palfrey which is very rewarding.
Big Local is truly a unique initiative the puts residents in the driving seat. Arfan’s aim is to build on the passion and strength of the residents to create lasting change beyond Big Local.
To achieve OPBL’s vision, residents chose four priorities that are based on the changes they most want to see:
- A cleaner and safer Palfrey neighbourhood
- Healthier residents with a sense of community & wellbeing
- Better access to jobs, training and lifelong learning
- Improved community activities and services for all
To learn more about the national programme watch the video ‘Big Local in 100 seconds’ below
The national Big Local outcomes set at the outset were deliberately broad:
- Communities will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them.
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future.
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises.
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live.