Grants are available to enhance and improve the environment for communities who live and work within ten miles of the Enovert Limited landfill sites in Bristol, Dudley and Sevenoaks.
The Ibstock Enovert Trust (formerly Ibstock Cory Environmental Trust) was established in February 2001 in conjunction with Ibstock Brick Limited and Cory Environmental Ltd and funded through the Landfill Tax Credit Scheme (LTCS) which is now the Landfill Communities Fund (LCF).
The Trustees of ICET welcome bids to help the Trust meet its objectives to enhance and improve the environment for communities who live and work in the vicinity of a landfill site.
There is no maximum grant award but £15,000 is given as a guide.
Not-for-profit organisations such as charities and voluntary groups are eligible to apply as long as they meet the following criteria:
- Groups do not have to be a charity, but any surplus they make must be used to further the organisation’s objects.
- Surpluses must not be used to pay dividends or other rewards to members.
- Organisations must not be controlled – directly or indirectly – by a local authority or a landfill operator registered for landfill tax.
In line with the Landfill Communities Fund objects, the trust funds:
- Remediation of contaminated land.
- Prevention of pollution.
- Community improvement schemes.
- Restoration of the built environment, including historic or religious buildings.
- Facilitation of works with species and habitats through biodiversity conservation.
The Landfill Communities Fund objects are:
- Object A: Opening up access for the public to an area of land that has been closed or partially closed up to now.
- Object B: Cleaning up land that has been polluted because of now ceased activity.
- Object D: Helping to improve, protect, provide and/or maintain land or a building as a public amenity.
- Object DA: Protecting the environment, and conserving or promoting biological diversity.
- Object E: Helping to preserve, maintain, restore and/or repair a religious building or one of historical or architectural interest.
At least 60% match funding must be secured for higher levels of funding.
The 2020 deadlines are:
- 7 February
- 5 June
- 2 October
An application form is available to download from the Trust’s website. https://www.enovert.co.uk/Trusts/Ibstock+Enovert+Trust
Contact the Ibstock Enovert Trust for further information.