About this Event
Approximately 1% of women affected by gambling seek help, we want to change this. In this session we will increase the awareness and understanding of how women are impacted by gambling related harm.
This will make professionals aware of risk indicators, screening methods and to increase professional confidence in asking questions around problem gambling in order to identify need for support. Attendees will also have an increased awareness of referral pathways for local services.
– To understand what problem gambling is
– To understand why women gamble, the barriers to support and ways in which women prefer to access services
– To be able to identify risk factors and common beliefs that can lead to problem gambling
– To understand how gambling impacts someone’s life and the life of others
– To be able to identify warning signs and indicators of problem gambling
– To be able to screen for problem gambling
– To know where and how to refer people to support.