Exciting Internship Opportunity at One Walsall
Communications officer Intern
- Are you looking for a career change but need relevant work experience to support this?
- Are you interested in work that will enrich your CV?
- Are you looking to gain new skills or enhance existing ones after a period of unemployment or caring responsibilities?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, One Walsall just may have the answer in our exciting new Internship opportunity.
Salary: This role is unpaid, but all reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed. You will, however, gain comprehensive work experience within a busy and varied communications and marketing role.
About One Walsall
One Walsall provides infrastructure and support for the borough’s voluntary and community sector organisations, and brokerage for people seeking volunteering roles. We are an independent charity providing support to help local voluntary and community organisations develop and sustain their activities and engage residents in voluntary action. We are a small, energetic team committed to our aim of supporting a strong voluntary and community sector and inspiring local social action.
Purpose of the role
Maintaining, developing and enhancing our communications and marketing strategy is a central focus of One Walsall’s wider strategic plan and business focus. COVID-19, more than ever, has highlighted the need for our communications to be both timely and effective, utilising a variety of social media platforms, our website and newsletter.
Predominantly the role will be managing our day-to-day communications requests which come from a diverse range of stakeholders. The post will work closely with our Communications Officer to produce content for our social media channels and website, supporting the provision of information for our regular e-newsletter and working on specific communications projects and events with colleagues and partners. The post also supports other members of the team to deliver effective messages and campaigns.
Key attributes we are seeking from candidates include:
- Experience of using social media for promotion and marketing purposes, and a high degree of digital literacy and technical knowledge to develop our online presence
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with a diverse range of people.
- Creative flair and the ability to work under own initiative to achieve results
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Davina Lytton, Partnership Manager on 01922 619 840.
Send a CV and covering letter to: davniaL@onewalsall.org
Application will close when the right applicant has been found.