Grants are available to help community organisations identify, improve and protect community spaces in England where people can connect and co-operate.
Two different grants are available:
- Enhance grants of between £30,000 and £50,000. The total budget for this strand is £400,000, and it is expected that around 8 to 12 grants will be awarded.
- Explore grants of up to £10,000. The total budget for this strand is £480,000.
There are two strands of funding:
- Enhance – grants for organisations that are already using a community space in an innovative and creative way, and that want to expand activities and embed sustainable ways of working to build a more secure future.
- Explore – grants for organisations that want to start exploring ways that local challenges could be addressed through better use of space, and/or identify potential spaces that could be opened up to community use.
Who can apply?
Applications will be considered from UK-based charities, social enterprises and other voluntary and community organisations that do not mainly aim to generate profits for private distribution.
To be eligible, organisations must:
- Be constituted.
- Have a UK bank account in the organisation’s name.
- Have at least two unconnected people on the board or management committee.
- Already use or run a community space.
Applications are welcome from organisations working in partnership, including projects joining up with public and / or private sector organisations, provided they are led by a voluntary, community or social enterprise organisation.
When to apply
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on:
- 31 July 2019 for Enhance grants.
- 12 August 2019 for Explore grants.
How to apply
Guidance notes and the online application form can be found on the Co-op Foundation website.
Contact the Co-op Foundation for further information. https://www.coopfoundation.org.uk/funding_support/space-to-connect/