Grants are available to small local voluntary and community groups for projects that help people living in Birmingham, Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton who face disadvantage or social exclusion.
Grants of up to £2,000 are available for one year.
The Birmingham and the Black Country Communities Fund consists of a number of endowment funds which were created from contributions by individuals, companies and trusts and are managed by the Heart of England Community Foundation. The funding aims to support small charities, community and voluntary groups working to make a difference to local people across Birmingham and the Black Country (Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton).
Small local charities, community groups and social enterprises can apply.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Have an income of less than £250,000 in the last financial year.
- Have a constitution or governing rules.
Charities do not need to be registered.
Local offices of national organisations may apply if they have their own management committee, governing documents and bank account (and meet the income threshold).
Funding is available for projects that can be completed within one year and that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Promote health and wellbeing.
- Tackle disadvantage.
- Support local solutions to meet local needs.
- Promote community cohesion.
- Develop sustainable & supportive communities.
Funds may be spent on a wide range of purposes, including:
- Start-up costs for new organisations or projects.
- Extension and development of existing projects.
- Pilot projects (to gather research and evidence).
- The purchase of equipment and resources.
Match Funding Restrictions:
Priority will be given to organisations showing participant financial contribution where appropriate.
How to apply:
Applications can be made at any time.
Guidance notes and an online application form can be found on the Heart of England Community Foundation website.
For more information:
Heart of England Community Foundation
c/o PSA Group
Tel: 024 7688 3297