The Ministry of Defence (MoD) provides funding each year to help organisations and individuals in the UK host an Armed Forces Day event to show support for the UK’s servicemen and women, past and present.
A maximum grant of £10,000 is available per application, provided that MOD funding accounts for no more than 50% of the total cost.
In the past grants have ranged from a few hundred pounds for a street party to thousands of pounds for larger events.
Armed Forces Day events can come in any size or shape, from national and regional celebrations, local events organised by councils, ex-Service organisations, community groups and schools. Parades of veterans, cadets and/or currently serving personnel are very popular, as are presentations of veterans’ badges.
Local councils, voluntary and community organisations, schools, ex-service organisations and individuals in the UK are eligible to apply.
The 2019 event should:
- Be held within two weeks of the Armed Forces Day, including the weekends (the 2019 Armed Forces Day will be held on Saturday 29 June, so the dates would be Saturday 22 June – Sunday 7 July).
- Have ‘Armed Forces’ in the event title.
- Be relevant to today’s serving Armed Forces.
- Have free access to members of the ‘Armed Forces Family’.
- Not be centred around fundraising or recruitment.
30 April 2019
How to apply
Before applying for funding, groups must register their event. This can be done on the the Armed Forces Day https://www.armedforcesday.org.uk/get-involved/register-your-event/
Application forms may be available to download on this site https://www.armedforcesday.org.uk/get-involved/organise-your-own-event/apply-for-funding/
For more information
Contact the Armed Forces Day Team Telephone:0207 80 70970 Email: email@example.com