The People’s Health Trust has launched a new round of its Active Communities Programme for the Black Country. The round opened on 6th December, with first stage applications needing to be in by 10th January. One Walsall can help you to put together applications for projects that are:
- designed and led by local people
- supporting their neighbourhood or community to come together to address an issue that is important to them
- creating stronger connections between people by supporting them to meet up regularly
- for people who experience greater social and economic disadvantage than people living in other parts of the country
- small and local, for example, involving residents living in a few streets, an estate, a small village and working in one or more of our ‘fundable neighbourhoods’ or
- a community of interest – a group of people who have shared experiences, characteristics or common interests and wish to come together to address specific issues that are important to them. They may live across a wider area.